Wednesday, January 26, 2005

the hazards of laziness

The thing about working in a school and getting a snow day is that it's like a happy little gift out of nowhere, you enjoy it, and then you're back to the routine. The problem with three snow days in a row is that you forget the routine. It's been almost a week since you've been to work. You thought you liked your job, but you realize that what you really like is sleeping until 9:30, taking a long shower, eating Cookie Crisp while reading Oprah magazine, taking your sweet time browsing the aisles at Trader Joe's and, if you're like me, organizing your drawers and cleaning out your freezer. You can't remember the last time you were so well-rested, deep-conditioned, and fully exfoliated. The only problem with this is that your friends don't really like you anymore, and throughout the day they contact you by phone and email you to inform you of how their feelings for you have changed. But then you think, friends? Work? What's that? I think I'll paint my toenails.

And then, as if you're not already spoiled enough, your alarm clock goes off on Thursday and you think, wait a second, nobody called me, does this mean I have to go to WORK? Why didn't they call off the whole week? Boston schools are off for the week! Come on, people!

I know, I don't like me that much right now either.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice try, but we all heard the Sexy Lady song, and even though it's gone now, we'll always remember it.

Red said...

IT WASN'T ME, I swear! It was Mark!

Anonymous said...

If you thought that was me, it wasn't. You know I would have written that Mark sounds like a girl.

Tim

Red said...

Hey, until you try hitting those notes in Sexy Lady, don't be talking about my friend. And how did anybody hear it? I only posted it for like a minute.

Anonymous said...

I'll fully admit I can't hit those notes because I've got a man's voice.

And someone else caught it because you're just so damned popular, there's always somebody reading this!

Or maybe it was just Mark.

okbye.

Tim