Sunday, December 18, 2005

funkytown

I've been in a funk lately. And it's not just me... when I asked Hot Chocolate Guy how he was this morning, he told me without hesitation that he'd be lying if he said he was doing great, that he was just keeping it in neutral. Usually when people you don't really know answer you literally it's kind of annoying, but today I was glad to hear something different.

I keep hearing things like haven't heard from you, wondering what you've been up to, different versions of you're fucking up. I drove the wrong way down a one way street yesterday, and the opportunities for metaphor are painfully abundant. (If you put a disclaimer on a cliche, you get to use it and still act like you're being ironic about it, right?) I watched part of Jerry Maguire today and noticed "what if I'm not built like that?" I'm uncomfortable with all of it lately, in every direction that it's coming from. My office has become a landfill; I'm literally just not dealing with anything. It's a definite shift and not toward the positive.

Not sure what to do about this. I do know that I have no interest in becoming one of those serious bloggers who describe their issues in prose and their emotions in colors. Spare me. So no worries, next time we'll be back to stories of me fighting with Comcast or burning the roof of my mouth or something equally tentworthy.

No comments: