Thursday, May 25, 2006

five for Friday

1) Someone keeps googling a past entry of mine to see an old picture of my friend Dave dressed as a pimp from the neck up and drinking a 40 (it was either Halloween in college or a typical Tuesday night). Anyway, someone is stalking him, because I get the hit for this picture like eight times a week. So reveal yourself, googler. Or just save it to your desktop next time. Or ask him on a date, because that pimp you like to look at is single.

2) Have you heard about Snakes on a Plane? Well, get on board, because it's going to be one of the highlights of my summer, I can feel it. I might have to have a viewing party. I can definitely do a snake-and-plane theme; off the top of my head, maybe something to do with dressing like a flight attendant and throwing gummy worms around?

3) I sort of hate even bringing this up, because this girl doesn't really need anymore press, but I feel compelled to mention that Stephanie Klein's blog has become the train wreck that I always knew it could be if it just applied itself. If you don't know who she is, just move on to #4 because it's not really worth delving into it. But if you read her blog, and her comments, how funny has it been lately? She writes some crap about her life and an all-out comment war ensues. People tearfully praise her ability to string a sentence together and then someone says something about how she's not all THAT great, and her legions of fans descend upon the poor schmuck and write dissertations about the fact that it's not that he doesn't like Stephanie, it's that he really loathes himself. I love that argument and plan to use it all the time now. But the best part is that in the midst of one of these epic battles, someone posted this: "How could you people right at this moment be concerned about attacking a person's blog when a beautiful, courageous horse is in his stall fighting for his life?" Can I use that line at work? "How could you people right at this moment ask me to do an evaluation on a 4-year-old when there's a beautiful, courageous horse..." (And here, I'll save you the trouble: Red! Show some respect for animals, my GOD!)

4) Well, buy me some peanuts and a CAT scan after some Yankees fan lobs a brick at my head, because my dad and I just booked a weekend trip to NYC in September to go to two Sox/Yankees games. We've been wanting to do this for years, and it seems like the perfect time, with him recovering from his knee replacements and unable to get to Fenway for most of the summer. I've never been to Yankee Stadium and I'm really excited, although I imagine that it will be kind of surreal to be around baseball fans that are so full of hate and venom, I mean hometown pride, rooting for a ball club that has more money than class, I mean has had some of the most dynamic players in the history of baseball. Should I wear my Sox hat? It would be weird and sort of disloyal not to, but I don't especially want to be on the receiving end of this:



5) Yeah, I don't really have a fifth thing. I'm headed to the Cape so I'll see y'all next week. I've been blogging up a storm lately and could use a break. Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone!

No comments: