1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Credit card, of course, or as I call it, tripping down impulse purchase lane. I actually don't really use it anymore.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
I always end up going to really nice restaurants with, like, my parents. Go ahead and read that again, I promise it'll be just as sad the second time around. It's mostly because if it's up to me I wouldn't necessarily order up a fancy night out. If my dining partner (ha) was gung ho, I'd happily go along, but most of the time if I'm going out I'd rather it be someplace where I can wear a ponytail and flip flops and watch the game.
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
Nah. He was my boyfriend so it's not much as far as exciting anecdotes go. I'm sort of glad it happened the way it did because I knew this one girl who told people she gave up her flower (hee! Friends) in an office building to some guy she was being tutored with.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
In my life? I probably would've tried harder in school. I mean, I did fine, but I never cared and all I ever wanted to do was hang out with my friends. Who am I kidding, if I could enroll in high school all over again I'd be sitting in Western Civ texting someone, "Get me some Marlboro Lights while you're @ the packie, k?"
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Clubbing at Les Deux.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A writer. For awhile I wanted to be a waitress named Kathy. I didn't understand how jobs worked.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
Just the one. Although I came home after first semester amped up about transferring to UCLA. What?
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It chose me.
10. GAS PRICES?
Blah. Could be worse, I guess. I can fill up for $38 and still sleep at night.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you, where would it be?
I'm good here for now, thanks.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
What time is it?
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
14. Favorite style of underwear?
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
Laundry. It's not so much that I despise it as much as the fact that it's never done. You have to wash, then dry, or hang to dry, or fold. Life is hard.
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Maybe. That, or be cracked out of my mind on a Tuesday. Toss-up.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early. I like to sleep in now and then, but it's gotta be a now and then thing or else you feel dirty and homeless.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character(s)?
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl or guy?
Wish on stars and talk about the future. I'm a Mandy Moore movie.
21. Have you found real love yet?
Yes, and it tastes like chicken.
22. When did you first start feeling old?
Yup, when I wasn't the youngest one at work anymore. I'm not sure why that's a reality check. Maybe because you start to realize you're not the office cherub anymore (um, because that's a thing), you're just another person living in the world doing some job.
23. Favorite 80s movie?
Labyrinth, The Goonies, The Neverending Story, Back to the Future... whenever I see one of those weird vans, I still think it's the Libyans.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
Turkey with lettuce, pickles and mayo.
25. What do you get every time you go into Sam's Club?
I'm not a member so I don't go there. I love Jim Gaffigan's bit about that. "Are you a member of our secret club?" "Um, I just want Doritos." "Well, that will be $4,000." "Okay, well, I can't come to a lot of meetings... but I guess I'll join."
26. Beach or lake?
Beach. Lakes are scary.
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. I mean, I don't think it's for everyone, and it doesn't exactly seem like a house party, but I don't think it's an outdated ritual.
29. Favorite guilty pleasure?
The Hills. Clubbing at Les Deux.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
I love movies that are over-the-top terrible, but that's a kitsch thing. I actually feel more embarrassed about the stupid girly movies I like to watch sometimes, crap like Sweet Home Alabama. It's so generic female, but there's something satisfying about a good chick flick to me, as much as I hate to admit it. It's between me and Netflix.
31. What's your drink?
Diet Pepsi, white wine.
32. Cowboys or Indians?
33. Cops or Robbers?
34. Who from high school would you like to run into?
Hmmm. I can't think of anyone right now, but I'm sure there's someone.
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Probably Mike FM.
37. The Cosby Show or The Simpsons?
The Simpsons, although 8-year-old me is hearing that and going, "What? But Rudy's so funny!"
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
I've felt bad for stringing guys along, but that mostly happened when I was a kid and had no idea what I was doing in relationships. Which contrasts wildly to now when I know everything and have no issues whatsoever.
39. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
I like Supergirl sometimes. It's purely a work relationship in that I totally respect her professionally and value her opinion, but on a personal level we really don't connect. Just kidding, we're actually having an affair.
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Air Supply, obviously. Periodically we'd stop to sing by the fire. You want to carry on... carry ONNNNNN...
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No. Do I even have one? God, I'm going to die, like, tomorrow.
44. Last book you read for real?
Eat Pray Love. Oh, for real? Naked Ninjas In The Desert.
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
I don't, but my mom still has my favorite broken ass teddy with an eye patch that I had when I was a kid. When Dorie's son was little(r) he decided that I needed a stuffed animal and he gave me the twin of his beloved stuffed yellow cat, which was adorable and guarantees that he'll hate me when he's 18 and I say things like, "Remember when you gave me my own version of Cuddles?"
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
Nothing says self-respect like the toothpaste on finger brush. It's God's way of saying, "Didn't expect to be sleeping here tonight, huh?"
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
CLUBBING AT LES DEUX!
48. Do you go to church?
No. But, I mean, I won't stand outside fuming if you're getting married in one or anything.
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
New career. Well, same career with more money. Was that an option?
50. Just how OLD are you?
29. I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU, THIRTY!