Wednesday, August 17, 2005

no mas tequila, por favor...OK, uno mas


I could say a lot of things about Mexico, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Have you ever stayed in a hotel room with an in-room liquor dispenser? If not, you must be an upstanding member of society. The funny thing is that it was one of the things I was most excited about for this trip and, of course, we didn't use it once. The drinks were free everywhere, and we couldn't rationalize doing a shot out of a water glass in our hotel room. (We also had a fridge full of Corona and instead drank all the bottled water to stay hydrated. Ha, we're senior citizens.)

But getting back to the in-room liquor dispenser (that's how I started most of my sentences over the past few days). How freakin' great is it? I'll be honest, I was a tiny bit disappointed because I was expecting this spout emerging from the wall producing vast quanities of anonymous grain alcohol, and I was going to fill random things in our hotel room with the booze just to teach them a lesson about making it too easy in the spring break capital of the world. It was comforting to know that they were at least pushing the old familiar Jose, but what's up with Home Run rum, or whatever the hell that stuff is? That's not okay!

Anyway, we had a great time. What else can I say? You know how it goes in Mexico.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

NO PANTALONES!

Justin Hyman said...

thanks for the post...i am going to cancun in april and had no idea what a liquor dispenser was. i googled it and found your post!

Anonymous said...

upgraded supervisory huffington riverbank peter card bladder real accrediting raising triggering
servimundos melifermuly