Friday, June 09, 2006

never trust a fake redhead


Being the person that I am, naturally I wanted something a little lighthearted to put on top of that last post. And I guess it's an understatement to say that my prayers were answered, because Ronald McDonald walked into my office this morning and asked to borrow a pen.

Apparently McDonalds is going around to elementary schools promoting their fitness program for kids, all the while peddling them the chicken nuggets that they devour like crack. And who better to run the program than Ronald McScaryassclownington himself? When he came into my office I actually gasped and put my hand over my mouth, and he laughed like I was excited and not slightly terrified. I was thinking less about happy meals and more about Stephen King. I always thought you were just misunderstood in It; please don't kill me.

God love Supergirl, she made me laugh for the first time ever. Actually, second time ever, but the first time was too much of a work-related thing to bother explaining. She looked right at him and without missing a beat, handed him a pen and said, "Sure, Ronald," without a hint of the sing-songy voice she almost always has, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

He never returned the pen. I wish I'd asked him to use it to sign my copy of Fast Food Nation.

No comments: