Friday, December 01, 2006

Movies of 07

2/18: Music and Lyrics. The first movie I've seen in a theater this year. Clearly, I get out a lot. Saw it with Kate and liked it. Liked it in that simple way that it's possible to like a straightforward, unapologetic RoCo. No Oscar nods, no complaints, no aftertaste.

1/27: Sideways. Saw this for the second time and loved it just as much as the first go around. However, I stayed in on a Saturday night to watch it, citing fatigue and being cash poor, and then woke up with strep. Lesson learned: Always go out.

1/9: Boys on the Side. I've seen it a million times. Love it.

1/6: The Devil's Own. This is the sort of movie that you'd probably sit on the edge of your couch watching for a few minutes if it happened to come on TBS, until the dryer buzzed or the phone rang. But thanks to my mom's love for The Ford, there were nine of us who spent part of their Saturday watching it. Probably would've been better if they'd just had Brad Pitt be some pawn of organized crime or something rather than involve the whole Northern Ireland debacle, which was totally glossed over anyway in favor of extended shots of Harrison's furrowed brow. Plus, you don't even get to see Brad have so much as a good make-out with Natasha McElhone. Maybe that was for the best, considering I was watching it with my family, but still: robbed!

1/1: The Wedding Date, which I DVRed ages ago. It was pretty terrible, but at the same time it was perfect for a rainy, gray, New Year's Day when I just wanted to lie on the couch and not clean up yet. There was a cute, rally-the-ladies quote in it ("Here's to the guys who've caught you, the losers who've lost you, and the lucky bastards who have yet to meet you") and then about twenty minutes later, Party Jen texted me and said exactly that as her toast to the new year. Weird, huh?

No comments: